Wednesday 27 June 2012

Vichy Dermablend Starter Kit Review.

Excuse the minging bit of acrylic still stuck to my thumbnail...
I was excited when I got the Vichy Dermablend Starter Kit in this months GlossyBox, because I've got a scar on my cheek that I really don't like and was eager to see if this would help camouflage it at all. I have tried 4 out of the 6 samples (the ones most suited to my skin tone) and have had varying results. One thing I will say though is that they all looked a lot different on my face to in the packet and on my hand!
L to R: Porcelain, Opal, Nude & Light.


Porcelain
This was surprisingly too orange for me! It sat on my skin and I just couldn't get it to blend at all.

Opal
This was more yellow on my skin. The colour was better suited to me than Porcelain but once I blended it in I honestly felt like it highlighted my scar more than covered it.

Nude
I had a bit more success with. it didn't completely cover my scar, but i'm not entirely sure anything besides SFX make up actually would. After blending it as best I could without totally rubbing it off, I continued putting the rest of my make up on as usual. my scar definitely wasn't as prominent as it had been, and there is the possibility that I may just be being extra picky because I'm self conscious about it! My face has an aversion to make up, it's usually faded after an hour or so, especially if I've been outside?! What I will say about this foundation is that it has staying power, it still looked good after a few hours of being out, and that was without the setting powder that Vichy also sell to enhance the product.

Light 
Was pretty similar to Nude, and is the one I am wearing in the picture below. I think I'll have to swap between the two for a few days to decide which is best!
L to R: before make up, with Vichy Dermablend in Light, finished off with my normal powder on top.
I doubt I'll be investing in a full size of this product any time soon. I've got Benefit's "Confessions of a Concealaholic" winging it's way to me, and I am very loyal to Benefit as a brand! Still, never say never eh?!
Beckey x

1 comment:

  1. レイバン サングラスにラフなYシャツ、どこの芸能人かと思いきや、幼なじみのカズくんだった。サングラスのお陰で、10倍カッコよく見えたカズくんが、Ray Banは神だとつぶやいた。そんなカズくんに、レイバン ウェイファーラーを薦められて、早速挑戦したくなった。

    ReplyDelete